Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer with experience in:
- React, Angular, Mocha, Gulp
- Functional Programming
- Object Oriented Analysis/Design, UML modeling
- Java, Groovy, Hibernate, Spring
- SQL (various databases), NoSQL (MongoDB)
- Agile and Rational Unified Process
- JIRA and Confluence
- team leadership, and mentoring.
- Sun Certified Enterprise Architect
- Sun Certified Java Programmer
- Rational Certified, Object Oriented Analysis & Design
- Rational Certified, Rational Unified Process
- OMG Certified UML Professional
Senior Software Engineer, Austin, Texas, 2018
Schoology provides software primarily for k-12 education. I was involved in a portion of the product related to testing. My primary responsibilities included integrating a third party UI in our product with our own customizations. The tools for the work I performed included:
- NodeJS, Jasmine, Enzyme
- Third party API and UI integration
- IntelliJ, Git, Jira, Slack, Google Hangouts
Austin, Texas, 2016-1017
I took a considerable amount of time off to:
- vacation in Maui.
- get married, moved and settled into a new home.
- took care of a lot of issues on my wifes ranch including, barn building, enlarging the pond, and pasture clearing.
- setup a web site for the ranch using NodeJS and ReactJS: rowdyranchtx.com
2 Wire / Pace Americas / Arris
Senior Software Engineer, Austin, Texas, 2010 – 2016
Pace's Austin office produces software for DSL gateways. The software is typical of imbedded Linux systems with heavy WAN and LAN networking components, telephone communication and video.
- Porting of web server and UI components from BSD to Linux. Maintenance of web server and Web UI for Residential Gateway.
- Created prototype for Residential Gateway Web UI using AngularJS, NodeJS, and Express. Created RESTful web service to expose gateway data to UI.
- Porting and maintenance of gateway applications that manage TR-069 communications and TR-098 datamodels.
- Integration of Dalvik VM into Residential Gateway and development of Java applications.
Senior Software Engineer, Austin, Texas, 2009 –2010
Univa UD provides high performance computing and data center automation software. The Reliance product automates resource allocation and management for Infrastructure and Software as a Service delivery.
- Development and documentation of Reliance REST API, using Java and JAX-RS.
- Design and development of Reliance XML API. Included XML Schema design, XML to Domain Object transformation, XML generation, and XML data import.
- Maintenance of Data Object Model and Data Access layer using Hibernate, Spring, and Postgres.
- Designed and implemented functional testing framework using Groovy, JUnit, and easyb.
Zilliant, Solutions Engineer/Tech Lead, Austin, Texas, 2007 – 2009
Zilliant provides pricing solutions using Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence solutions and in-house products that are customized to specific customer needs.
- Tech Lead responsible for managing the work of several other engineers, managing implementation and QA tasks, participating in project status reviews, conducting scrum meetings, producing documentation deliverables for customer support transition.
- Solutions Engineer responsible for participating in requirements gathering, development of project plans, and implementation of customizations using Java, Swing, Spring, Hibernate, JBoss, and MS SQL Server/T-SQL.
Software Engineer, Austin, Texas, 2001 – 2007
Noblestar is an IBM/Rational Partner that provides expertise in the use of the Rational Unified Process and related tools through consulting and project engagement. Noblestar typically provides business analysts, engineers, software tools, process, and SOA middle ware on customer engagements.
Harris County Justice Information Management System, Houston, Texas
Harris County's Justice Information Management System was being upgraded from a Model 204/CICS environment to a Web/Java/WebSphere solution using RUP, RSA, and SOA middleware.
- Performed analysis and design in Rational Rose.
- Implemented business services and domain classes within a Service Oriented Architecture.
- Implemented user interface components using JSP and Struts.
The 401k Company /Nationwide Insurance, Austin, Texas
The 401k Company manages Defined Contributions Plans and was developing a new system for managing sucha plans. Project technologies included Java, Swing, and Rational tools in a RUP environment using SOA middleware.
- Developed a Swing UI Framework using an MVC design.
- Developed Swing components, business classes, and unit tests.
- Designed schema for domain entities and implemented TopLink mappings against an Oracle database.
- Developed service layer business classes.
Momentum Software, Inc.
Software Engineer, Austin, Texas, 1999 – 2001
Momentum Software provides consulting and software engineering expertise using Java Technologies and has been instrumental in bringing many businesses to the Web.
- Provided design, architecture and coding skills to web application projects for several clients.
- Developed framework for managing stateful workflows, logging, property management and relational database mapping components.
- Developed Web presentation using JSP, HTML and custom tags.
- Developed client services using J2EE, Weblogic and Oracle.
Summary of Earlier Engagements
Software Engineer, Dallas Texas, 1988 – 1999
Previous experience includes developing software in C/C++ with several years in Java. Several engagements included responsibilities of managing small teams or being a mentor on Object Oriented Design and usage of C++. Environments included DOS, Windows 95, NT, Solaris, SGI, and AIX. Development activities included web site implementation using Java (pre J2EE) technologies. Packaged software, included DacEasy Accounting. Proprietary software included airline provisioning systems, cellular paging systems, geo imaging systems, and health record maintenance systems.
Previous engagements included SABRE, EDS, Motorola, Object Space, Sterling Software, Sabre Healthcare, CLR/FastTax, and DacEasy.
- Southwest Texas State University, Computer Science, San Marcos, Texas
- University of Texas at Dallas, Computer Science, Dallas, Texas